Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This is all I do now... really?

So, this is it. This is all I do now. Seems like things used to be a lot busier, my days were a lot shorter and filled with so much more. Classes, homework, real work, friends, drama, TV show addictions, the occasional video game. Not so much anymore. Well, I still have a real job, and the occasional drama, but I’m usually pretty far removed from the center of the drama, so I don’t count that really. No more TV show addictions. Well, that’s a lie. I’m still addicted, but I don’t follow them religiously like I used to. I’ve missed so many episodes of my favorite series I’ve given up on trying to watch the new ones and just catch reruns whenever I happen to catch them flipping through the channels. Oh, and my ‘real work’ is not so much work. Job market sucks so I’ve been working retail down in Waikiki. It’s not so bad. They pay well ad have some great benefits, so it’s enough to get by for now until I find a real job, preferable something that values my college degree. But anyways, I’ve been bored lately. It’s amazing how much free time I have now that I’m not doing homework, writing papers, working on project, or procrastinating for hours on end. I felt like I wasted a lot of spare time in college, but I never realized how much ‘spare time’ there really was in a given day. I’ve been trying to find a new hobby. Not that reading and lying out by the pool aren’t incredibly satisfying, it’s just not enough to preoccupy me for days (and nights) on end. Yes, I know, there are worse things in life than boredom, but right now, I’m bored. So instead of just talking to myself, I’ll blog. Seems a little less insane than the alternatives, like talking to the walls or random strangers that walk by. No, there will be no theme to this blog other than my little case of insanity, restlessness, and desire to find something worthwhile to do or contribute in this world. Just the random musings of a bored, practically unemployed, energetic and restless college grad with too much on my mind and not enough on my plate. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. I’m certainly hoping I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment